Custom In Mold Decorated Bezel for an Automotive Shift System
This Automatic Shift System Bezel utilized back-lit appliques of the "PRNDL" mechanism for the specific vehicle. Two separate versions of the part were in production to implement the multiple options of the vehicle's interior. 6-axis articulating robots were used in manufacturing the part to reduce labor, as well as increase productivity and efficiency.
Click Here to view a clip of this part in production.
For more information on our capabilities and experiences on Automotive Shift Systems and In Mold Appliques, contact us to discuss your next project.
Shift System Bezel Details and Highlights
- Product Description
- Automatic Shift System Bezel utilizing back-lit appliques of the "PRNDL" mechanism for the specific vehicle.
- Injection Molding Capabilities & Applied / Processes
In Mold Appliques
In mold decorating
- Back Molded the Applique to Form the Surface of the Part
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 300 ton Engel
6-Axis Articulating Robot for part insertion and removal
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 210mm
- Tightest Tolerances
- Profile of .4mm
True Position of .13mm
- Material Used
- Material Finish
- Medium Satin Nickel & Metallic Black
- In process testing / inspection performed
- Back light inspection in car's position to test for light leaks
- Industry for Use
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Polycarbonate Automotive Shifter Bezel (PRNDL)