Insert Molded Automotive Sensor
Fabrik Molded Plastics can provide a variety of injection molding processes that allow us to create custom parts for various uses. The project shown here, an electrical sensor used for an automotive application, was created using insert injection molding. The sensor, made of PTFE is part of a safety system and required a high level of quality control, not only for the safety features but for final assembly as well.
Utilizing our 85 ton vertical injection molding machine, the sensor housing was formed with terminals and an overmolded magnet. We provided 100% part inspections which included continuity and hi-pot testing, as well as terminal location tests.
For more information on this custom insert injection molded project see the table below contact us to discuss your next project.
Click Here to view a clip of this part in production.
Insert Molded Automotive Sensor Details and Highlights
- Product Description
- This PTFE sensor housing is used with a(n) auto application.
- Injection Molding Capabilities & Applied / Processes
Insert Injection Molding
- sensor Housing w/ Terminals and overmolded magnet
100% Electrical Test
- Continuity and Hi-Pot tests
- Testing for Terminal Locations
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 85 ton Engel - Vertical Injection
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Tightest Tolerances
True Position of .1mm
- Material Used
- Material Finish
- In process testing / inspection performed
- Vision Inspection for Proper Placement of Terminals and Magnets, 100% electrical test (Continuity and Hi-Pot Tests)
- Industry for Use
- Automotive Safety
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- PTFE Electrical Housing with Over Molded Magnet and Terminals